One of the key components in the building’s infrastructure are the primary air handling systems. The criteria for these systems included:
- Individual air handlers on each occupied floor level
- Maximum fan efficiency
- Maximum NC 35 sound levels in occupied spaces adjacent to equipment rooms
- Multiple fans in each AHU to provide redundancy in event of component failure
- Reduced fan maintenance requirements
- Central exhaust fans for building pressure control and smoke exhaust w/ low noise levels and maximum flexibility
The mechanical consultant, Swanson & Rink along with the general contractor, Saunders Construction, selected Haakon air handlers equipped with AcoustiFLO modular fans to meet the exacting air handler criteria.
AcoustiFLO modular fans were selected to provide economizer relief and smoke control service.